If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (716) 952-6401

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Dehumidifiers Are Essential to Water Damage Repair in Dunkirk

4/28/2022 (Permalink)

a woman holding a bucket to catch water falling from her ceiling while talking on the phone Dealing with water damage in your home can be quite overwhelming. Partner with SERVPRO for certified technicians and equipment to tackle the job.

Dunkirk Water Damage Repair Services Employ Different Kinds of Dehumidifiers

Water damage cleanup and restoration services in Dunkirk employ two main kinds of dehumidifiers to dry up excess interior moisture. These types, refrigerant and desiccant, eliminate water event-related wetness via different methods. Moreover, each works better given opposing environmental conditions.

High-quality Dunkirk water damage repair services like SERVPRO have a veritable arsenal of moisture-eliminating equipment. Our skilled water damage remediation experts use both refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers to remove excess water vapor resulting from basement flooding, burst pipes, and ceiling leaks from your home’s interior. The type we use to do this depends on the environmental conditions at your residence.

The major differences between refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers are:

  • Refrigerant devices condense water vapor out of the air by passing it through refrigerated coils, while desiccant types remove moisture by passing air over moisture-attracting materials like silica gel
  • Extracted water collects in a refrigerant machine’s tray and is then drained out of it, while desiccant dehumidifiers evaporate the attracted moisture and vent it outside your home
  • Refrigerant dehumidifiers are best used when electricity is limited and temperatures exceed fifty degrees Fahrenheit, but desiccant types should be employed when electricity is not limited and temperatures are below fifty degrees Fahrenheit 
  • Refrigerant devices are most efficient and effective at drying surface moisture or materials that are moderately to highly porous, while desiccant machines work best on dense or less porous/permeable things 
  • Dehumidifiers of the refrigerant variety are appropriate for about 80% of most jobs, while desiccant machines are most useful for the other 20%

While no one wants to think of one-day needing water damage repair work done, it is nice to know that high-quality service is available nearby from SERVPRO of Dunkirk, Fredonia. Our highly-trained technicians are always ready for your call at (716) 952-6401.

Other News

View Recent Posts